All of our battery products are purchased from the most respected manufacturers in the world, to ensure that our customers receive only the most reliable, and most authentic batteries on the market.
A high quality battery will provide the vaper with many hours of use. The correct battery for your mod can make the experience so much more enjoyable, knowing that everything under the hood is top-end and performing to exceptional standards.
Which Battery Do I Need?
Well, if you are unsure, then you should use the battery type that your ecig asks for in its specifications. If your mod recommends an 18650 battery, then we have many listed on this page that will suit your device just fine.
The mAh of the battery determines how much power the battery can hold – the higher the number, the greater the capacity. More advanced users will select batteries based on the voltage and the drain, especially with variable voltage units. Batteries can alter the way which the end vape is formed, and the enthusiastic user will choose a battery that influences their vape. He or she can be sure that eCigarette.co.uk will have just the right battery for their favourite mod.
If you are unsure which battery to use then, please, drop us a line. We're here to help.
How Long Will My Battery Last?
Now, that's a good question! And, unfortunately, there is no definitive answer.
Battery life is measured in mAh, and it can be compared to the amount of fuel a car can hold. When the tank is full, you can probably drive 400 miles. When it's empty, it stops. The same applies with the mAh of a battery – when it's full, you can vape away, and when it's empty, you need to recharge. And just like a car, there are different models of the same brand, with different specifications. Some 18650 batteries, for example, can hold 1800mAh, and other 18650 batteries can hold 2500mAh.
As a basic guide, the mAh of a battery can be likened to the number of typical puffs a user has on his or her e-cigarette. While, by no means, an accurate measure, it is a good guideline. Therefore, a 1300mAh battery equates to 1300 puffs on your device before it needs to be recharged. In terms of time, it would take a 1300mAh battery 14-15 hours before it is fully discharged.
There are, however, so many different factors that can effect the life of a battery. The firing conditions of your mod can change the whole scope of a battery life. Variable wattage and temperature control modes can churn more power from your battery than would happen with a lower-end pen-style kit. Coil resistances also change the spectrum. There really is no golden equation to work out how long a battery will last, as it will depend entirely on how you ask your device to perform, but the basic rule is that the higher the mAh, the more power the battery holds.
The Best 7 Ways To Improve The Life Of Your Battery
While every battery sold at eCigarette.co.uk has been bought from reliable manufacturers, promising great results with an excellent life expectancy, there are still a few little things the vaper can do to help improve the life of their battery. It's a little bit like looking after your phone, or your car – that tiny bit of maintenance that helps keep things running nice and smoothly at all times.
- Always give a new battery an initial charge. A new a battery may already be charged to its maximum capacity, but as most batteries are built from lithium ion, they can not be overcharged. It is, therefore, always a good idea to give a new battery that little extra push.
- Use your battery regularly. This doesn't mean you have to puff away on the e-cigarette every two minutes (unless you wish to!), but the batteries are designed to be used on a daily basis. If you have several batteries, remember to continually rotate their usage.
- Remove the batteries when the mod is not going to be used for a long period. Remember to power down the device, remove the batteries and store them in a cool, dark place. It is also a good idea to try and keep at least 40% of charge inside the battery before storing them away. This will ensure the battery has some discharge while keeping enough power to keep the protection circuit active. If possible, fully charge the battery before storing it away.
- Try not to let your battery completely drain. We know this happens, from time to time, but it is best avoided. Studies have found that a partial discharge causes less stress to a battery than a full discharge.
- Always keep the batteries away from high temperatures and direct sunlight. This goes without saying, but it's amazing how many of us make this mistake without realising.
- Always use the same type of batteries – never mix and match. If your mod uses more than one battery then be sure to use the exact same type, from the exact same manufacturer. Not only can mixing batteries be damaging to your mod, it can also cause damage to the batteries – one may be discharging faster than the other, and the mod may not pick up on this.
- When travelling, keep your batteries in a carrying pouch. Storing batteries in your pockets can have them bang about while moving, and pick up all manner of fluff and material that is naked to the eye. Here at eCigarette.co.uk we have a number of fashionable and reliable carry pouches for all manner of batteries.
There are, of course, many other ways in which you can prolong the life of your ecig batteries, and these seven rules are only specified to help the vaper keep a mental note of what to do when using their electronic cigarette kit. It is best to just try and remember that your battery is the driving force behind those fine flavours and clouds – if you look after it, the battery will, without any doubt, look after the quality of your vape.